- 12 1/2” wide x 11 1/2 “ tall x 24” long (2.0 cubic foot fire box)
- 5" flue opening for 5" stove pipe.
- Will heat up to a 10’ x 12’ wall tent, 12’ x 12’ pyramid tent at minus 30 below F
- Includes transport handles and one removable side shelf as standard equipment
- 12” removable legs to keep your heat down where it belongs
- Welded heavy-gauge hot rolled steel construction
- Airtight fiberglass-gasketed door
- Large fire box, baffled to reduce heat loss & aid in cooking
- Suitable for wood or charcoal
- Excellent cook stove, due to internal baffle that creates even heat
- Painted black with high temperature stove paint
- Will hold a fire all night--less stoking means a better night's sleep!
- Legs, stove pipe, side shelf & water jacket store in fire box for transport
- Excellent for wall tents, tipis, yurts & canvas tents.
- Often copied, but never duplicated--I've been building these for nearly 30 years now
- Handcrafted in the USA, not imported!
- USA sales only (due to shipping weight limits & customs brokerage rates)
- Because of customer complants of high UPS brokerage rates to Canada I will no longer be shipping Three Dog Stoves to Canada.
5 Reasons to Get a Three Dog DX Steel Stove:
1. MORE EFFICIENT HEAT: True airtight door with a high temp gasket for a air tight seal makes for a superior stove! You also get a baffled fire box that makes the stove 20-30% more efficient then other stoves, by forcing flames to go around the baffle before exiting the firebox. This means more heat and comfort to you, and it keeps the heat in the fire box--not up the pipe!
All Four Dog models allow you to burn less wood, have more heat with less work (= more time to relax and enjoy yourself).
2. SAFER: The airtight door allows complete control of your burn. Close the air intake, and the fire is out--no run away fires. Baffle makes the stove safer by forcing flame and sparks to go around the baffle instead of straight up the stove pipe. Reduces chances of hot sparks or embers getting sucked up the pipe causing a fire or burn holes in the tent.
3. GREAT FOR COOKING: The baffle creates a hot spot on top of stove for cooking or boiling water. Without the hot spot made by the baffle, most of the heat would go up the stove pipe, forcing the stove operator to run the stove much hotter--which results in burning more wood, making more work, overheating the tent and increasing cooking times.
4. DURABILITY : The Four Dog Steel Stove shell is 13 gauge steel, with reinforced top and door opening. Door is 10 gauge steel. This stove is meant to take heavy use for years to come, and is built "mule tough" through and through.
5. LIFETIME GUARANTEE AGAINST BURN OUT: This means that your stove is guaranteed to not burn out--meaning the bottom will not burn through from hot fires or steady use. This is very important! Poorly made stoves (due to design or material choices) can literally have their bottom surface of the firebox burn out, or burn through. This is bad, and I guarantee you'll never have that problem with a Four Dog Stove. I build these stoves to last a lifetime and stand behind my work.
Handcrafted in St. Francis, Minnesota--USA